May 3 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Registration starts at 7:15 am, meeting starts at 8:30 am.
Location: Canadian Coptic Center, 1245 Eglinton Avenue West, Mississauga, Ontario L5V 2M4
Fee: $50.00 (+$3.99 handling fee), which includes lunch and continental breakfast.
Document: Event Flyer | Agenda (Available Soon)
The Mississauga Chapter of Professional Engineers Ontario is planning a conference entitled “Engineers as Managers – An Owners’ perspective on Capital Engineering Projects” scheduled for Saturday, May 3rd, 2014. A similar conference was held in 2010 and it was a resounding success that was very beneficial to chapter members. Based on the experience we gained from executing that event (over 350 attended the one-day seminar), we hope to build an even better conference this year.
The main purpose of this conference is to enable engineers to become successful managers. One area of project engineering is managing a project on behalf of an owner and this conference will focus on this aspect in great detail. Contractual requirements, cause of litigations, and managing delays will be discussed. Engineers will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with corporate leaders and learn first-hand how to be an effective manager. Business experts will share their wealth of knowledge of through panel discussions and seminars.
This event is a great opportunity to network and exchange ideas. The event will be of considerable value to those who contemplate becoming, or already are, managers and directors. Participants will learn the value of managerial spirit for self-promotion at a workplace benefiting their current employers.
>> read more …
Save a tree!
In the last issue, we asked you to help us to save a tree. And you did respond!
We have gathered 27 email messages asking us to switch members’ newsletter subscriptions from paper to electronic. Twenty-seven electronic subscriptions will save a tree over several years!
Yet again, we encourage those who receive a paper copy of the newsletter to subscribe for an electronic copy.
You can do that by going to the PEO website and logging in to the Licence Holder Services section (http://bit.ly/SR2Jbc), and providing your email address under the “Address” section.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional instructions.
The following articles had been published in the Winter 2014 Newsletter (download it here!).
- – Women in Engineering and the Additive Manufacturing event, October 29th, 2013
- – PEO Mississauga Chapter Presents the Transportation Town Hall, November 4th, 2013
- – Mathletics Challenge – Fall 2013, November 16th, 2013
- – Workplace Relationships and the “Reptilian Brian”, October 23th, 2013
- – Engineers as Politicians, October 26th, 2013
- – Fall License Presentation Ceremony, November 11th, 2013
- – EIT Event, November 5th, 2013
- – Region of Peel Hanlan Water Project, December 4th, 2013
- – Annual General Meeting – Monday, February 10, 2014
- – Licensing Assistance Program (LAP) PEO Mississauga Chapter
- – Bridge Building Challenge
- – Mathletics Challenge Spring 2014
- – Engineers as Manager: Part II
- – Air Quality Permitting in Ontario
- – Additional Future Events Under Development